red sweater software lets me down
- Discover Black Ink. It has a 30-day trial period
- Try for 30 days. Like in the beginning, like at the end.
- Buy it. I go the the online store and pay via paypal.
- Wait for 3 days. See credit card charge go through.
- During this time, fail to check the spam traps.
- Wait for 4 more days. Nothing from Red Sweater Software.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for actual registration code.
- Wait 3 more days. Silence.
- Discover that somehow, searching for “red-sweater” in Mail.app doesn’t find mail in the spam folders.
- Eventually find 3 emails from Daniel Jalkut with your registration code.
Hmm.. The online store page says “…usually within a few minutes”. Is two weeks to wait long enough? I guess after that I’ll be reversing the charges. Or something.
Update: All fixed now. I am somewhat amazed that posting to my blog was an effective means of communication. I’m guessing this reflects more on Red Sweater Software’s customer service diligence than anything else.
Update: So my friend Sean summed this whole event up as: “You posted to your blog, Daniel Jalkut read it, said ‘check your spam box, dumbass’, and now you look like an idiot.” Yep.